Monday, February 18, 2013

Drugstore BB Cream FaceOFF!


So i have been trying this two bb creams lately and one i am totally impressed with and will re purchase while the other not so much 

The First one is the Maybelline New York Dream Fresh BB Cream i am in love with this bb cream the item specifics are:
BB creams combine skincare + makeup in 1 simple step

8-in-1 Skin Perfector:

• Blurs imperfections
• Brightens
• Evens skin tone
• Smoothes
• Hydrates
• Enhances
• Protects with SPF 30
• 0% oils and heavy ingredients

And it does just that throughout the day i felt like i had nothing on my face. My T zone area on my face gets oily at the end of the day this bb creams minimizes that while having the enough coverage to cover imperfections as well as moisturize and hydrate my skin. It gave me so much coverage i usually apply this with no foundation on top just a slight powder to give it the air brushed feeling. I bought this at target for a whooping 5.99 but i think it retails for 8.99. It lasted me for about 3 months which is great for only having 30 mL 1.0 fl oz. i just felt over all it gave me the coverage i needed without  without my having to pour foundation on my face afterward!

I couldn't say the same thing about the Olay fresh effects bb cream it was just 'okay' it said it

• Refreshes

• Brightens

• Evens tone
• Smoothes
• Hydrates
• Protects with SPF 15 (bummer!)

I felt that the BB cream moisturized but didn't protect enough and also i felt it made my skin a shade darker than brightening instead, they weren't specific about the 'tinted' part! It shouldn't say tinted but shear instead. i had to put foundation on top of this for it to have any value i used the shade light to medium since that was the shade i used in the Maybelline BB cream. I have enough moisturizers i was looking for a really great tinted one!.  Plus it was heavily scented which has a huge downer for me. Not to mention the price as it was 14.99 twice the price of the other one! The up side of this product is that it has 75 mL 2.5 fl oz. which takes some of the burn from the overly priced product.

So what did you guys think about my review? Are there any BB creams that you guys think i should try out!? Comment and don't forget to follow!

                                                                                                               ♥  

                                                                                              Happy day everyone!